24/7 Travel Store raised nearly $58,000 for local food banks during its “Food Bank Fill-Up” fundraiser in September, which is National Hunger Action Month. All 24/7 Travel Store locations collected monetary donations at the register and the company matched them, up to $30,000.
“Our store teams, partner food banks, local communities and customers stepped up in a big way in a year with big needs. We set out to double the impact of our Food Bank Fill-Up program, and we did just that by raising $57,996.25 this year, compared to $24,092.78 in 2019,” said Ted Augustine, manager of growth and development for 24/7. “We are proud to be a part of our industry’s September Hunger Action Month efforts, but what is unique about our program, and what I think our communities appreciate, is all dollars raised go directly to each store’s local food bank.”
Each 24/7 location participated in the fundraising event:
- Salina 24/7 Travel Stores (Salina North 9th and Salina West Crawford) raised $9,355.88 for Salina Emergency Aid & Food Bank.
- Abilene 24/7 Travel Store raised $8,273.29 for Abilene Area Food & Clothing Bank.
- McPherson 24/7 Travel Store raised $8,224.63 for McPherson County Food Bank.
- Maple Hill 24/7 Travel Store raised $8,003.63 for Community Care Ministries in Wamego and Alma.
- WaKeeney 24/7 Travel Store raised $7,323.08 for Trego County Food Pantry.
- Colby 24/7 Travel Store raised $5,796.26 for Genesis Food Pantry of Thomas County.
- Hays 24/7 Travel Store raised $4,196.38 for St. Joseph Food Pantry in Hays.
- Russell 24/7 Travel Store raised $4,109.02 for Russell County Food Pantry.
- Goodland 24/7 Travel Store raised $2,714.08 for Genesis Food Pantry of Sherman County.
The funds raised during the event can be used however the food banks wish, whether for operating costs, perishable groceries or other needs.
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.