NATSO™ and www.natso.com are proprietary marks of NATSO. NATSO’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not provided by NATSO, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or members, or in any manner that disparages or discredits NATSO.
All other trademarks displayed on the www.natso.com website are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of those Vendors. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the web sites of Vendors is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those Vendors endorse or have any affiliation with NATSO.
Use of Content
Under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, NATSO, Inc. (“NATSO”) permits anyone to do the following with original NATSO Website content, in any medium:
1. To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original Website material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
- to reproduce quotes
- to reproduce screenshots of any page of a NATSO Website
- to include original NATSO Website material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc for movies, TV, print or online
2. This does not include the right to republish images from Websites for which NATSO may not be the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site. NATSO makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the NATSO Website, and licenses herewith only the content of which NATSO is the copyright holder.
In addition, the NATSO Website provides a feed for its content:
NATSO provides a general license to use these feeds as detailed below, provided that they are not modified in any way:
- For personal use in RSS readers, you may use full feeds.
- For all other uses, including reproduction on websites, you may only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed by NATSO.
- The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
- No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
- NATSO reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
NATSO further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
By accessing the RSS feeds or the XML instructions provided above, you indicate that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
1. Internal links in the NATSO Website content must not be removed.
2. The NATSO Website logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
3. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
1. Reproduction of screenshots from the NATSO Website is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the NATSO logo and NATSO Show Website URL are fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
2. The NATSO Website logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
3. Content must appear unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
4. Images from the NATSO Website must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
NATSO provides this content “as is” and neither NATSO nor its members shall be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
Use of a Site’s content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. NATSO is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
The site is provided by NATSO on an “as is” and on an “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, NATSO makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. NATSO shall not have liability for any interruptions in the use of this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, NATSO disclaims all warranties with regard to the information provided, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, in which case the above-referenced exclusion is inapplicable.
NATSO reserves the right to modify or discontinue the NATSO Website with or without notice. NATSO shall not be liable to anyone should NATSO exercise its right to modify or discontinue the NATSO Website. You acknowledge and accept that NATSO does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our website and operation of our website may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
NATSO retains the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any accounts involved with botnets and related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, NATSO reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
Corresponding with NATSO
Any correspondence through the NATSO Website or with NATSO, including any documentation or images, are considered property of NATSO. NATSO reserves the right to reproduce such correspondence, in whole or in part, on the NATSO Show Website, NATSO’s Website or its affiliates’ Web sites.
You may have access to and use of comments area, discussion groups, chat rooms, bulletin boards and other interactive functionality. You are responsible for any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials you upload, post, link to or otherwise transmit.
In order to make our comments and other interactive services useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for users:
* Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
* Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
* Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
* Do not post material that infringes copyright.
* Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
* Keep all comments relevant to the NATSO and the NATSO Website content.
* NATSO is not responsible for information posted by users.
Please note that once you post content to our site, it becomes part of the public conversation. If you choose to transmit any content using our Interactive Services, you agree to do so solely for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws. You expressly agree that we have no responsibility for or control over the content you may transmit. We do not represent, warrant or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, quality, or reliability of any of the content posted, displayed, linked to or otherwise transmitted by users. We also do not endorse any opinions expressed in or through interactive services.
Although we do not actively monitor, regulate or pre-screen your use of the interactive services, we reserve the unconditional right (but not the obligation) to remove, move or edit any content we consider harmful, offensive, disruptive, in violation of law, regulation or any agreement, including, without limitation, which is or may be in violation of this Agreement. We have no liability or responsibility to any person or entity for performance or nonperformance of such monitoring activities.
You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license, with right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any content you submit via the Interactive Services by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed for any use or purpose.
The NATSO Website typically displays images, audio, and video (the “Material”) as part of blog posts written by our editors. The types of Material editors are authorized to use on NATSO Website include:
* Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors
* Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes
* Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on our site(s)
* Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
* Material commissioned by NATSO
* Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
1. The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
2. The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy vs creative works)
3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
4. The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
If NATSO receives notice that Material posted is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the section where it is posted, we reserve to right to remove the material.
If you think we have published Material that infringes your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the material falls into one of the categories listed above, we believe that our use is legitimate and we will not remove it from the site.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF or by fax) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion. In all cases, if you do not hear a response from us within 10 days of submitting a complaint, please telephone us at (703) 549-2100 to confirm that we received your original complaint. Spam blockers sometimes devour important emails from strangers!
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image, video or piece of text that you wish to have removed from our site, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- For images, provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA,
- OR, absent such registration,
- a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, AND
- evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image.
We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
4. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Sign the document and fax it to:
(703) 684-4525, Attn: NATSO Senior Director of Marketing and Design
OR email it to:
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive will be sent (with your personal information removed) to Chilling Effects for publication.
We also reserve the right to publish your letter on the site(s).
This website is subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and such laws will govern this Agreement, without giving effect to any choice of law rules. NATSO makes no representation that this website or other services are appropriate, legal or available for use in other locations. Accordingly, if you choose to access this site you agree to do so subject to the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Limitation of Liability
NATSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, AND IN PARTICULAR NATSO shall not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to this website or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law, or otherwise, even if NATSO HAS been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ARE INAPPLICABLE.
You agree to indemnify and hold NATSO, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by you, or other user of the Service using your computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
External Links Disclaimer
Websites routinely contain links to external, third-party websites. By providing links to other sites, NATSO does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the Website in question.
NATSO does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, privacy policies, practices or products and/or services found on any external sites. In addition, such links do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Visitors to Websites assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster. In addition, NATSO will not censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the NATSO Website, you expressly relieve NATSO from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.