No articles are featured in this category.
- Industry Trends & News
- Research, Trends & Outlook
- McLane-NATSO Foundation Index Reports Total Merchandise Purchases Down 1%
McLane-NATSO Foundation Index Reports Total Merchandise Purchases Down 1%
September 10, 2012
The total merchandise purchases per week per travel plaza and truckstop were down 1 percent versus 2011 (excluding cigarettes) reversing gains in the first quarter, according to the Second Quarter 2012 McLane-NATSO Foundation Index. The McLane-NATSO Foundation Index is produced quarterly and offers NATSO members the opportunity to compare their weekly convenience store purchases with travel plazas and truckstops convenience stores served by McLane.
Among other interesting findings, the McLane-NATSO Foundation Index found when comparing the first six months of 2012 with the same period a year earlier, average purchases per week per travel plaza and truckstop:
- Automotive Products (down 5 percent) reversed an upward trend;
- Salty snacks (up 6 percent) and other snacks (up 9 percent) showed the strongest gains versus 2011;
- Cold dispensed beverages (up 4 percent) demonstrate the importance of high margin fountain drinks.
Members may sign in here to read the full index.
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
- Supplier Focus:
- McLane Co. Inc.
More on Industry Trends & News
- Orion Food Systems President Steve Watkins Joins Trade Delegation to China
- TravelCenters of America Announces Citizen Driver Award Program
- Pilot Flying J Announces New Fast, Casual Dining Concept
- Iowa 80 Kitchen, Johnson's Corner and Lee Hi Travel Plaza on Travel Channel's Show
- Quick Facts and Figures Relevant to Truckstops, March 25
- Trends and Priorities Affecting the Truckstop and Travel Plaza Industry