No articles are featured in this category.
Senate Committee Approves Biodiesel Tax Credit Extension
August 6, 2012
The Senate Finance Committee passed a tax extenders package last week by a 19-5 vote that included a 2-year extension of the biodiesel blender’s credit. The $1.00 per gallon credit would be retroactive to Dec. 31, 2011, when it last expired. The package also included a two-year extension of the 30 percent tax credit for alternative fuel refueling property, and a one-year extension of the cellulosic biofuel producers tax credit.
The tax extender package, known as the Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act, is expected to move to the Senate floor in September.
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Fuel & Trucking
- Sen. Lautenberg Legislation Would Extend Truck Size and Weight Restrictions
- South Carolina Latest State To Seek to Tie Gas Tax to Inflation
- PHMSA Reduces HAZMAT Fees; Increases Fines
- House Bill Would Give States Option to Increase Truck Weight Limits
- National Truck Parking Information System Under Development
- National Freight Plan To Be Cornerstone of Highway Reauthorization