No articles are featured in this category.
New York Bill Creates Incentives for Truck Parking
February 25, 2013
The New York State Legislature is considering a measure that would create tax incentives and a loan program to fund truck parking in the state. The bill, S3773, would create a 50 percent tax credit for owners or operators of private rest areas, truckstops and travel plazas that provide truck drivers with safe parking, and create a 20 percent tax credit for shipping and receiving facilities that agree to provide truck drivers with a secure area to rest while waiting for pending appointments or to observing federal hours-of-service regulations. The measure is awaiting consideration in the Senate Transportation Committee.
Photo Credit: Ira Wexler/NATSO
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Fuel & Trucking
- Trucks Of The Future Will Take Some Decision Making Away From Drivers
- API Urges White House to Keep Current Ozone Standards
- Five Factors Affecting the Future of Freight Movement
- House Bill Maintains 34-Hour Restart Suspension, Rejects Insurance Increases
- Understanding The Truckstop and Travel Plaza Customer
- The Changing Face Of The Truck Driver