No articles are featured in this category.
New York Bill Creates Incentives for Truck Parking
February 25, 2013
The New York State Legislature is considering a measure that would create tax incentives and a loan program to fund truck parking in the state. The bill, S3773, would create a 50 percent tax credit for owners or operators of private rest areas, truckstops and travel plazas that provide truck drivers with safe parking, and create a 20 percent tax credit for shipping and receiving facilities that agree to provide truck drivers with a secure area to rest while waiting for pending appointments or to observing federal hours-of-service regulations. The measure is awaiting consideration in the Senate Transportation Committee.
Photo Credit: Ira Wexler/NATSO
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Fuel & Trucking
- States Push Alternative-Fuel Vehicles to Pay Fair Share
- Report Projects Decline of U.S. Diesel Demand After 2015
- EPA Sends Proposed Ozone Standard to White House
- DOT Rule Allows Out-of-Service Orders for Nonpayment of Civil Penalties
- NCWM Votes Down Diesel Dispenser Filter and DGE Proposals
- Sapp Bros. Adds Natural Gas