COVID-19 Resources for Travel Centers & Truckstops
As travel centers and truckstop operators, you serve the professional drivers who are transporting supplies and goods in support of COVID-19 emergency relief. Here are some resources to help you help them.
- Educate Employees about COVID-19 Vaccines
- NATSO Supplier Partners Offer COVID-19 Resources
- Subscribe to updates from NATSO
Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions are changed daily to reflect the most important information of the day. Visit the quicklinks above for detailed information.
FAQs: Employee Issues
FAQs: Keep Your Business Running
FAQs: State and Local Ordinances
- Where to Go for Information about COVID-19
- Economic Impacts
- Human Resources
- Health & Safety Precautions
- Business Operations
- Medical Resources
Link to States and County Public Health Departments’ COVID-19 websites, executive orders, restrictions, and other information, courtesy of the Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Facts and Insights About COVID-19 from McKinsey & Company, including potential impact of virus outbreak on 2020 GDP
- What Coronavirus Could Mean for the Global Economy from Harvard Business Review
- Ogletree’s COVID-19 FAQs on Federal Employment Laws: information about how to deal with employees with COVID-19 symptoms, when an employee who was sick may return to work, requiring a doctor’s note before allowing employee to return to work, and many other issues.
- Comprehensive and Updated FAQs for Employers on COVID-19 from Fisher Phillips
- Employment Issues Arising Out of the Coronavirus from DLA Piper
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Federal requirements designed to protect workers from potentially infected individuals.
- New federal leave requirements: We put together this 1-page chart to help you learn about new federal employee leave requirements that take effect on Apr. 2. The Department of Labor also released its first round of guidance today on the new law, including a Fact Sheet for Employees, a Fact Sheet for Employers and a Questions and Answers document.
- Posters and Handouts from the CDC: including “What to do if you are sick,” “Stop the spread of germs,” “Symptoms of COVID-19 Poster,” “Wash Your Hands,” and others.
- How to Clean and Disinfect from the CDC.
- Cleaning and Disinfection After Persons Suspected to Have COVID-19 Have Been in Your Facility.
- Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: See page 9 for “Steps All Employers Can Take to Reduce Workers’ Risk of Exposure”
- Prepare Your Supply Chain for Coronavirus from the Harvard Business Review
- FMCSA Waives Hours of Service Rules for Trucks Delivering COVID-19 Supplies
- Compilation of Restrictions by State
- FDA Issues Re-opening Best Practices Checklist and Infographic for Retail Food Establishments
- Information on COVID-19 testing by state
- From Johns Hopkins: What to do if you feel sick?
- Telemedicine Companies: Compiled by Healthline, these healthcare providers can discuss non-emergency medical issues with patients by phone or online (could be especially helpful for rural areas).
- Can the virus be spread through food? According to the CDC, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food
- Coronavirus and Pandemic Preparedness for the Food Industry Handbook: Specifically written for grocers. See especially sections on “Supporting Our Consumers” on page 8-9; “Supporting Our Associates” on page 9-12; and “Key Retail Store Recommendations” on page 14; “Key Product Supplier Recommendations” on page 16.
- Food and Drug Administration COVID-19 Website
COVID-19 information is provided by NATSO.