Who is Eligible?
While grant recipients may include state governments, states are encouraged to contract with private companies, such as fuel retailers, to own and operate charging stations.
The initial grant distribution will prioritize funding for EV charging infrastructure at off-highway and off-Interstate locations that install, at minimum, four 150kW DC fast chargers.
How Much Money Do Fuel Retailers Need to Contribute?
The Formula Program’s federal cost-share is 80 percent of the charger’s cost, leaving 20 percent for the grant recipient to fund.
It is unclear when the grant funding will be available for investment, but U.S. DOT is expected to distribute funds to states as soon as late 2022 or early 2023.
// Provided by NATSO—the national trade association representing truckstops, travel plazas and other off-highway transportation energy retailers. Visit www.natso.com/grants for more Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) EV Charging Funding Opportunities for Truckstop and Travel Plaza Operators information.
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.