UPDATE February 23, 2021:
- 2/21: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval Allowing SNAP Clients To Purchase Hot Foods
- 2/20: Governor Abbott Announces EPA Approval Of Waivers To Expedite Fuel To Texas Communities
- 2/20: White House Partially Approves Governor Abbott’s Request For A Major Disaster Declaration
- 2/19: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Winter Storm
UPDATE February 22, 2021:
- 2/18 - Louisiana Severe Winter Storm (EM-3556-LA) [FEMA]
UPDATE February 19, 2021:
- North Carolina
UPDATE February 18, 2021: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) has issued a Regional Emergency Declaration for Midwestern, Southern, and Western states in response to the recent inclement weather. The Declaration is effective on Feb. 17 and remains in effect until the end of the emergency or March 4, whichever is earlier. States include Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Severe winter weather has walloped large parts of the United States in recent days, causing massive power outages, shattering thousands of record-low temperatures, and postponing COVID-19 vaccine shipments in certain areas. Below is an updated list of emergency declarations, waivers and other emergency documents issued by Federal and State agencies.
NATSO will continue to monitor these announcements and provide updates to its members as they become available.
- 2/14 - Executive Order 1545
- New York
- North Dakota
- 2/14 - Governor Abbott Announces Approval Of Federal Emergency Declaration For Severe Winter Weather
- 2/12 - Texas DMV Suspension of Motor Carrier Vehicle Size and Weight Requirements under Disaster Declaration Regarding Severe Winter Weather
- 2/12 - Governor Abbott Disaster Declaration In Response To Severe Winter Weather In Texas
- West Virginia
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.