Welcome to a brand new video in the Best Practices in Truckstop Merchandising blog series!
Every other Thursday, I share a video from Darren Schulte, NATSO’s vice president of membership, on one component of truckstop merchandising. Merchandising consists of how you organize the product in your store both physically and financially. With nearly three decades of experience in truckstop and travel plaza operations and merchandising, Schulte is a truckstop merchandising expert.
In today’s video, Schulte walks listeners through the best practices in apparel merchandising.
His best practice advice includes:
- Choose apparel seizing based on your customers;
- Make sure everything is labeled clearly with the price;
- Use all the same hangers;
- Focus on the basics, having a summer and winter offering;
- Don't make the displays too full; and
- Time is important for truckstop customers. You want to make it so they can easier see what it is and how much it costs.
Tell us in the comments below: What makes your apparel program special?
Watch the last video, NATSO Best Practices in Truckstop Merchandising: Store Flow here.
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.