NATSO Chairman's Circle member Federated Insurance is providing NATSO members with several resources for Fire Prevention Week, running October 6–12, 2013.
Every year, business owners experience property losses totaling billions of dollars due to fire. Investigation into the cause of these fires found that, if consistent attention had been paid to a few very specific exposures, most of these losses could have been prevented.
Managing an exposure like fire is not a yearly, monthly, or even weekly activity—it is a daily activity. Fires can destroy not only buildings and property, but also people’s livelihoods, sense of security, succession plan, and community at large.
Federated Insurance encourages NATSO members to participate in Fire Prevention Week by conducting fire drills, reviewing or developing loss prevention policies and procedures, and educating employees on important fire hazard topics.
To support NATSO members in their efforts to prevent workplace fires, Federated Insurance is providing the following resources:
- All NATSO members have access to an employer-focused, risk management video titled “Where There’s Smoke” that discusses fire prevention strategies at a management level.
- Federated Insurance clients also have access to the following resources via Federated’s Shield NetworkSM:
- An employee version of “Where There’s Smoke” that discusses fire prevention at an employee level. This version of the video has been provided as a training tool to share with your employees.
- A fire safety checklist to help businesses monitor fire hazards on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Additional, online fire prevention materials.
Travel plazas and truckstops looking for additional help while addressing this risk are encouraged to contact their local Federated Insurance marketing representative. To find a representative, visit www.federatedinsurance.com.
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.