The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has created a comprehensive toolkit for employers of essential workers. It offers several resources to help businesses educate employees about COVID-19 vaccines, raise awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and address common questions and concerns.
Among the resources are a customizable letter about the COVID-19 vaccine. The letter thanks staff for the work they’re doing and encourages them to receive the vaccine. There is also a FAQ sheet with additional information for people worried about the safety of a COVID-19 vaccination.
Businesses can customize posters with their logo and print copies to use as handouts or display within the business. The CDC has also created sample social media posts with links, such as: “You are more than an essential worker; you are essential to your family. Visit https://bit.ly/3bP6zSNexternal icon to find out how to get vaccinated against #COVID19 today.”
The CDC provides tips for getting started, including:
- Adapt the key messages to the language, tone, and format that will resonate with your organization. You know what works for your employees.
- Use these key messages to customize the template letter and send or email it to your employees to introduce your COVID-19 vaccine educational activities.
- Organize a COVID-19 vaccine presentation for your employees and promote it via digital and employee communication channels. If you are able, organize a virtual presentation. If not, organize an in-person presentation following COVID-19 safety precautions. Ask if your local health department can provide a speaker if you do not have a health educator on staff. Distribute copies of the FAQs.
- Hang posters in highly visible places in your offices, buildings and other employee locations.
- Continue to educate your workforce via articles, blog posts and social media posts.
- Invite your employees to wear stickers once they have been vaccinated and post vaccination selfies on social media.
The CDC plans to update the toolkit, which is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/toolkits/essential-workers.html, as more resources become available.
Subscribe to Updates
NATSO provides a breadth of information created to strengthen travel plazas’ ability to meet the needs of the travelling public in an age of disruption. This includes knowledge filled blog posts, articles and publications. If you would like to receive a digest of blog post and articles directly in your inbox, please provide your name, email and the frequency of the updates you want to receive the email digest.