- Rest Area Commercialization
- Annual Day on the Hill Registration Open; Special Room Rates Expire Soon
Annual Day on the Hill Registration Open; Special Room Rates Expire Soon
April 2, 2012
NATSO's recent victory in urging the Senate to reject commercialized rest areas in its transportation bill makes it the perfect time to visit your lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
Registration is now open for NATSO's annual Day on Capitol Hill, scheduled to be held May 14-16. If you're planning on attending, it's important to make your room reservation at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C., soon. NATSO's special rate of $299 expires April 16.
Tuesday, May 15, NATSO will host its annual pie reception, serving nearly 250 pies to legislators and their staff. This reception is well known in the nation's Capitol and carries NATSO's name to all 535 members of Congress.
Register today at http://natsodayonthehill.com/.
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW). NNW, NATSO's electronic newsletter, is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry. Every Monday it is emailed to NATSO members.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Rest Area Commercialization
- KDOT Seeks Rest Area Sponsorships
- Kansas, Iowa to Close Some Rest Areas
- NATSO Responds to Blog Calling for Commercial Rest Areas in Arizona
- Arizona Implementing Rest Area Sponsorships
- MDOT Seeks to Commercialize Non-Interstate Rest Areas
- NATSO Urges VDOT to Work With Exit Businesses to Install EV Charging