Browse by Category
- All categories
- Truckstop Business
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Marketing & Retail
- Human Resources
- Fuel and Trucking
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid
- Industry Trends & News
- Great Ideas
- Darren's Great Ideas for Independent Operators
- Our Legislative and Regulatory Issues
- Thought Leader
- The NATSO Show
- Credit/Debit Fees
Browse by Date
Truckstop Preparation for the Fourth of July
Posted in: Truckstop Business
We just finished Father's Day and we are onto our next holiday. Are you prepared?
Did you know that Independence Day is big business according to the National Retail Federation? "More than 123 million people (60.8%) already own an American flag and nearly 86 million (41.9%) own patriotic apparel such as a t-shirt or hat. More than one-quarter (27.3%) of consumers own patriotic decorations. As July 4th approaches, 16.2 percent of consumers will head to stores to buy new patriotic merchandise, up from the 14.1 percent who were expected to shell out extra money for apparel, decorations or accessories last year."
- Have you properly staffed for the impact increase of gasoline gallons?
- Are your soda, chip and beer vendors prepared?
- Spoken to the ice vendor?
- Traditional coolers, Styrofoam coolers, 40qt thermos-electric coolers displays built in conjunction with bulk stack beer and soda displays?
- Weekenders displays staged for arrival on Monday the 2nd?
- High margin chips, snacks, seeds, nuts and saltines from your grocery provider placed in high traffic flow areas to maximize your margins?
- Cellular and other power to go products in prime position?
- Sunglass shippers or spinners properly stocked and positioned?
Activate your POA and then...
Share your best Fourth of July retail display as part of NATSO’s new Great Ideas in Action — a year-round great idea collaboration that focuses on the visual story of how NATSO members excel in running a travel plaza and truckstop.
We know NATSO members throughout the country are taking advantage of seasonal retail by creating innovate displays and marketing. Show us! To participate, email a photograph of your Fourth of July retail display with a short description to email@example.com. Participants will be featured here on NATSO’s blog.
Learn more about the Fourth of July Retail Display contest.