No articles are featured in this category.
- Truckstop Business
- Marketing & Retail
- What Is The Most Effective Award You’ve Given You Staff To Drive Sales?
What Is The Most Effective Award You’ve Given You Staff To Drive Sales?
September 1, 2013
“We buy our staff pizza or hand out $50.00 gift cards to reward them.”
“Well, this one time I had a not-for- profit organization call me and ask for a donation in exchange for a certificate package worth over $3,500 in free offers and buy-one-get-one-free offers. So next time whenever I walked inside the store and saw that the employee had done a good job of making sure that the store was clean, well kept and everything stocked up, I would go ahead and give them a gift certificate so that they feel their hard work is appreciated since that ultimately would translate into sales because only if your employees are happy that they will make sure that your customers are happy and vice-versa. I would also reward them if they recommended an item that we didn't carry but the customer requested we did.”
“In order to sell more premium fuel, I reward my staff with a percentage of the total premium sales.”
The magazine is mailed to NATSO members bimonthly. If you are a member and not receiving Stop Watch, submit a request to be added to the mailing list. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information.
- Stop Watch Magazine
More on Truckstop Business
- Top Trucking Economist Predicts Improved Year in 2017
- Key Principles for Creating Retail Disruption Shared at The NATSO Show
- NATSO Show Speaker Says to Boost Success by Giving Up Something to Get Something
- At The NATSO Show Chairman Urges Members to Embrace Change, Collaborate on New Opportunities
- Reduce Theft at Your Truckstop Location [Infographic]
- Improve Your Truckstop's Net Operating Cost By Increasing Sales