No articles are featured in this category.
Quick Facts and Figures, ATA January Truck Tonnage Index
March 5, 2012
Truck tonnage, a key indicator of economic health, increased 5.8 percent for all of 2011, matching gains in 2010, according to the American Trucking Associations (ATA). Truck tonnage fell 4 percent between December 2011 and January 2012, largely because December volumes were so strong, ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello said. ATA recently revised its seasonally adjusted index back five years as part of its annual revision. Costello said he remains optimistic about truck tonnage going forward.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Fuel & Trucking
- Va. Gas Tax Set to Rise 5 Cents
- States Push Alternative-Fuel Vehicles to Pay Fair Share
- Report Projects Decline of U.S. Diesel Demand After 2015
- EPA Sends Proposed Ozone Standard to White House
- DOT Rule Allows Out-of-Service Orders for Nonpayment of Civil Penalties
- NCWM Votes Down Diesel Dispenser Filter and DGE Proposals