No articles are featured in this category.
- Industry Trends & News
- Industry News
- HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
February 27, 2012
A circuit judge blocked the award of a $56 million contract to Miami-based Areas USA to redevelop travel plazas on Interstate 95 in Maryland, saying it appeared the state did not follow its own procurement law. The decision by Circuit Judge Eric Johnson came after the state Board of Public Works voted to delay its contract vote for two weeks to give HMSHost time to review documents and present its case. HMSHost, one of the largest operators of commercial rest areas and the losing bidder, has operated Maryland House and Chesapeake House since 1987.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry Trends & News
- EPW Chairman Says It’s Time to Draft a Highway Bill
- NATSO Announces Departure of Holly Alfano, Vice President, Government Affairs
- Coalition Urges Senate to Approve Resolution Nullifying Ambush Election Rule
- Rep. Ryan Eyes Corporate Tax Reform to Fix Highway Trust Fund
- AmEx Loses Anti-Trust Lawsuit
- Freight Volumes, Driver Pay on the Rise