No articles are featured in this category.
- Industry Trends & News
- Industry News
- HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
February 27, 2012
A circuit judge blocked the award of a $56 million contract to Miami-based Areas USA to redevelop travel plazas on Interstate 95 in Maryland, saying it appeared the state did not follow its own procurement law. The decision by Circuit Judge Eric Johnson came after the state Board of Public Works voted to delay its contract vote for two weeks to give HMSHost time to review documents and present its case. HMSHost, one of the largest operators of commercial rest areas and the losing bidder, has operated Maryland House and Chesapeake House since 1987.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry Trends & News
- House Ways and Means Chairman Eyes Short-Term Patch for Highway Trust Fund
- House T&I Chairman Reaffirms Opposition to Fuel Tax Increase
- Industry Warns Stricter Ozone Standard Will Hurt Economy
- House Approves Measure to Block Ambush Election Rule
- ARTBA Proposes Fuel Tax Increase With Rebates
- Transportation Coalition Urges Congress to Reject Devolution of Federal Highway Program