No articles are featured in this category.
HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
February 27, 2012
A circuit judge blocked the award of a $56 million contract to Miami-based Areas USA to redevelop travel plazas on Interstate 95 in Maryland, saying it appeared the state did not follow its own procurement law. The decision by Circuit Judge Eric Johnson came after the state Board of Public Works voted to delay its contract vote for two weeks to give HMSHost time to review documents and present its case. HMSHost, one of the largest operators of commercial rest areas and the losing bidder, has operated Maryland House and Chesapeake House since 1987.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry News
- Transportation Leaders Announce Highway Safety Initiative: Park My Truck
- NATSO Kicks Off Annual Day on the Hill
- Political Powerhouses Team Up to Kick Off NATSO Day on the Hill 2016
- NATSO Foundation Board Member Mike Filiatreau Joins Lynco Products
- Top Economists Share Their Outlook for the Years Ahead
- NATSO Chairman Urges Members to Focus on Service, Embrace Change