No articles are featured in this category.
HMSHost Files Lawsuit to Block Rest Area Redevelopment Contract
February 27, 2012
A circuit judge blocked the award of a $56 million contract to Miami-based Areas USA to redevelop travel plazas on Interstate 95 in Maryland, saying it appeared the state did not follow its own procurement law. The decision by Circuit Judge Eric Johnson came after the state Board of Public Works voted to delay its contract vote for two weeks to give HMSHost time to review documents and present its case. HMSHost, one of the largest operators of commercial rest areas and the losing bidder, has operated Maryland House and Chesapeake House since 1987.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry News
- Congress Considers Major Spending Bill
- NATSO Promotes David Fialkov to Vice President, Government Relations
- Sen. Roberts Introduces Bill to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Bill Would Eliminate the Gas Tax
- House Bill Maintains 34-Hour Restart Suspension, Rejects Insurance Increases
- DOT Recommends No Change to Truck Size and Weight Pending Better Data