No articles are featured in this category.
- Truckstop Business
- Gilbarco Veeder-Root and Wayne Adding Smart Phone Pay-at-Pump Technology
Gilbarco Veeder-Root and Wayne Adding Smart Phone Pay-at-Pump Technology
August 13, 2012
GE energy business Wayne and Gilbarco Veeder-Root announced last week that they have agreed to integrate a mobile commerce application into pay-at-the-pump technology. The new technology, Isis SmartTap, will allow consumers to pay, present loyalty cards and redeem offers with a single tap of their smart phones at the gas pump.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root and Wayne SmartTap-enabled dispensers will be installed at select retail locations to accompany Isis' market launch in Austin, Texas, and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root's modular payment architecture will be equipped to accept SmartTap in new, factory-installed fuel dispensers and retrofitted fuel dispensers currently installed at convenience stores across the country. Wayne will integrate the Isis SmartTap mobile commerce application into a contactless reader used with the Wayne iX Pay Secure Payment solution.
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Truckstop Business
- NATSO Foundation Seeks Donations to Assist Victims of Disaster
- Missourians Could Vote on Transportation Sales Tax
- Find and Execute Your Next Great Idea
- EPA Launches Online Resource To Identify E-15 Compatible USTs
- U.S. Chamber Says Higher Gas Taxes Necessary to Fund Infrastructure
- Final Week to Apply for Bill Moon Scholarship