No articles are featured in this category.
For-hire Truck Tonnage Index, July
August 27, 2012
The American Trucking Associations (ATA) said its seasonally adjusted for-hire truck tonnage index was unchanged in July after increasing 1.1 percent in June. The index was 4.1 percent higher than the same period a year earlier, and marked the largest year-over-year gain since February 2012. Year-to-date, compared with the same period last year, tonnage was up 3.7 percent. ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello said July’s reading reflects an economy that has lost some steam, but hasn’t stalled.
Photo Credit: Aki/bigstock.com
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry Trends & News
- Orion Food Systems President Steve Watkins Joins Trade Delegation to China
- TravelCenters of America Announces Citizen Driver Award Program
- Pilot Flying J Announces New Fast, Casual Dining Concept
- Iowa 80 Kitchen, Johnson's Corner and Lee Hi Travel Plaza on Travel Channel's Show
- Quick Facts and Figures Relevant to Truckstops, March 25
- Trends and Priorities Affecting the Truckstop and Travel Plaza Industry