No articles are featured in this category.
- Industry Trends & News
- Research, Trends & Outlook
- Diesel and Gas Prices Fall as Oil Hits 2012 Low
Diesel and Gas Prices Fall as Oil Hits 2012 Low
May 14, 2012
The price of oil hit its lowest point this year amid concerns over the state of Europe's economy, driving down the price of gasoline and diesel fuel. The average price of U.S. diesel dropped 1.6 cents last week to $4.057 a gallon. Gasoline, by comparison, dropped 4 cents to $3.79 a gallon.
The Department of Energy last week lowered its forecast for the average regular gasoline retail price for the April-through-September summer driving season by 16 cents to $3.79 per gallon. DOE said in its "Short-Term Energy Outlook" that it expects regular gasoline retail prices to average $3.71 per gallon in 2012 and $3.67 per gallon in 2013, compared with $3.53 per gallon in 2011.
This article originally ran in NATSO News Weekly (NNW), NATSO's member only weekly electronic newsletter. NNW is packed with the latest updates on government and business issues affecting the truckstop and travel plaza industry.
If you aren't reading NNW, you are missing out. Not a member? Join today or submit a request to receive additional information. If you are a member and not receiving NNW, submit a request to be added to the email list.
- NATSO News Weekly (NNW)
More on Industry Trends & News
- Orion Food Systems President Steve Watkins Joins Trade Delegation to China
- TravelCenters of America Announces Citizen Driver Award Program
- Pilot Flying J Announces New Fast, Casual Dining Concept
- Iowa 80 Kitchen, Johnson's Corner and Lee Hi Travel Plaza on Travel Channel's Show
- Quick Facts and Figures Relevant to Truckstops, March 25
- Trends and Priorities Affecting the Truckstop and Travel Plaza Industry