No articles are featured in this category.
- Payment Systems
- Credit/Debit Fees
- Credit Card Settlement - Important Considerations for NATSO Members
Credit Card Settlement - Important Considerations for NATSO Members
February 21, 2013
By now, most retailers have received a "Notice of Class Action Settlement" regarding the proposed settlement in the class action litigation In Re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation (MDL 1720). As you know, a settlement has been proposed between the plaintiff class of merchants and the defendants (Visa, MasterCard and several banks). If you accepted Visa and/or MasterCard at any time between January 1, 2004 and November 27, 2012, or you accept them today, you are a member of the plaintiff class and you must decide whether to opt out, object to, or accept the settlement.
NATSO has developed an online memo and other documents to provide you with the information you need to consider the your options related related to the settlement. Please review the information carefully and feel free to contact Lisa Mullings with any questions you may have. Retailers who desire to opt out or object to the settlement must take action before May 28, 2013.
- Web-Only Content
More on Payment Systems
- EMV Shift: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- House Committee Advances Data Security Legislation
- NATSO Opposes Data Security Legislation
- How To Pursue Your Claim Against VISA and MasterCard for Antitrust Violations
- EMV Switch Difficult, Expensive Retailers Tell Congress
- Upcoming “EMV Shift” – What Truckstop & Travel Plaza Operators Should Know