No articles are featured in this category.
Credit Card Settlement - Important Considerations for NATSO Members
February 21, 2013
By now, most retailers have received a "Notice of Class Action Settlement" regarding the proposed settlement in the class action litigation In Re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation (MDL 1720). As you know, a settlement has been proposed between the plaintiff class of merchants and the defendants (Visa, MasterCard and several banks). If you accepted Visa and/or MasterCard at any time between January 1, 2004 and November 27, 2012, or you accept them today, you are a member of the plaintiff class and you must decide whether to opt out, object to, or accept the settlement.
NATSO has developed an online memo and other documents to provide you with the information you need to consider the your options related related to the settlement. Please review the information carefully and feel free to contact Lisa Mullings with any questions you may have. Retailers who desire to opt out or object to the settlement must take action before May 28, 2013.
- Web-Only Content
More on Credit/Debit Fees
- Supreme Court Denies Swipe Fee Appeal
- Sen. Durbin Asks Supreme Court to Review Debit Fee Case
- Retailers Petition Supreme Court to Hear Swipe Fee Ruling
- Retailers Set to Ask Supreme Court to Hear Swipe Fee Case
- Court Upholds Interchange Fees; Disappoints Retailers
- Take Advantage of a Merchant Account Analysis at The NATSO Show