No articles are featured in this category.
- Highway & Transportation
- Anti-Tolling Coalition Responds to MassDOT's Call for Expanded Tolling
Anti-Tolling Coalition Responds to MassDOT's Call for Expanded Tolling
August 8, 2014
Placing tolls on existing interstates is fiscally imprudent and will jeopardize public safety, the Alliance for Toll-Free Interstates (AFTI) said in a recent editorial that appeared in Roll Call, a Washington, D.C., newspaper covering Capitol Hill.
In its editorial, "The Open Road: Keeping Interstates Toll Free Protects Economy and Preserves Americans' Freedom," ATFI said driving up travel costs on existing interstates raises costs for commuters and commercial transportation outfits, wreaking economic havoc on communities and straining family budgets.
The editorial was written in response to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation’s recent call for expanded tolling opportunities.
NATSO members are urged to join the Alliance, of which NATSO is a founding member.
Tiffany Wlazlowski Neuman
- Web-Only Content
More on Highway & Transportation
- Senate Committee Examines Infrastructure Policy
- House Transportation Committee Holds Hearing on Infrastructure Policy, Funding
- Senate Confirms Elaine Chao as Secretary of Transportation
- Senate Democrats Introduce $1 Trillion Infrastructure Plan
- NATSO Anticipates Increased Interest in Tolling, Rest Area Commercialization from Lawmakers
- Americans Favor New Federal Spending for Infrastructure